The installation of a sump pump was absolutely necessary since the current plumbing lines for the home were about five feet from the basement floor. Even though this space was a walk out basement, the back half was below ground level. So we got to work on breaking up the ground where the sump pump was going. If you get a chance to use a jack hammer, do it! There is beauty in destruction, so I have been told.
The pump was inserted into the ground, as well as the shower and bathroom sink lines. Cement was poured in and sat for a couple of days to dry. Once the ground was smoothed over we got to work on framing out the bathroom. It would consist of a single vanity, toilet, shower, and storage closet with room for a stack-able washer & dryer. The sump pump would be situated in an enclosure hidden behind the shower with a full access panel.
Wood was brought in to start framing the rest of the rooms the following week. When framing is done it really starts to hit how the space will look. The empty cold basement was starting to turn into what had been drawn out on paper months prior. It was actually happening and it felt amazing!